7/27/2020: The Library will be opened by appointment beginning Monday, August 3rd. Curbside service is still available during our service hours, no appointment necessary.
Hours (updated 09/22/2020,subject to change):
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10AM-4PM
Tuesday, Thursday: 1PM-7PM
Here's What You Need to Know
1. Masks are required, must cover your mouth and nose, and be worn at all times while in the building. Curbside service is available for those who can’t wear a mask for medical reasons or choose not to.
Patrons should also practice social distancing from other patrons and staff members.
2. Appointments are for 45 minutes and can be made twice a week, up to a week in advance. Appointments may be cancelled at any time. Please cancel if you are sick! Rules regarding appointments are subject to change to ensure equal access. Call 708-946-9090 to make an appointment.
3. Patrons may browse books during their appointment. Computer use/printing, copying, and faxing will be offered during library building appointments and via curbside service. Library cards can be issued during library building appointments, but not via curbside service.
4. Please do not loiter. Tables and chairs will not be available for personal work or quiet reading. Computers should be used for necessary tasks and not for entertainment purposes. There will be no toys in the children’s department.
5. Children 13 and under should be accompanied by an adult.
6. The bathrooms will be closed.
7. The Library will continue to check out all items for 2 weeks with no overdue fines during the pandemic. Return materials via the book drop on the east side of the building. They will continue to be quarantined for up to 7 days before being checked in and taken off your record.
Phone Numbers: 708-946-9090, 708-946-2896
1. Copying/Printing/Faxing Via Curbside (begins August 3rd): Park in one of the curbside pickup spots and call one of the phone numbers on the sign. Library staff will give you further instructions.
2. Requesting Materials:
· Place holds through our online catalog (beecherlibrary.org/catalog) or download the “Swan Libraries App” on your smartphone or tablet. Use your library card barcode and PIN (your PIN is the last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file) to log in.
Click here for a video tutorial on placing holds via the online catalog.
· Call the Library during curbside hours and staff will assist you in picking out books.
If items are on the shelf, they will be ready in 24 -48 hours. The Library will call to notify you when your materials are ready. Please do not come to the Library until you are notified. You will have one week to pick up your materials.
3. Picking Up Materials:
Bring your cell phone and library card with you. If you do not have a cell phone, call the Library during our curbside hours to set up an appointment to pick up your materials.
By Car: Park in one of the four designated curbside pickup spots in front of the Library, get your library card ready, and call one of the phone numbers listed on the sign. Staff will place your items in your trunk or through your back window. Please do not exit your car or roll down your driver’s side window.
By Golf Cart: Park in one of the four designated curbside pickup spots in front of the Library, get your library card ready, and call one of the phone numbers listed on the sign. Be sure to inform library staff you are in a golf cart. Your items will be brought to a table on the front portico. You may approach the portico and collect your items after library staff have reentered the building.
By Foot or Bike: Remain in the parking lot in a safe location, get your library card ready, and call the library. Phone numbers are located on the curbside parking spot signs. Your items will be brought to a table on the front portico. You may approach the portico and collect your items after library staff have reentered the building.
4. Returning materials
Materials should be returned via the book drop on the east side of the building. Items will be checked in after a multi-day quarantine period, so they may remain on your record up to seven days after they are returned. The Beecher Community Library has temporarily suspended overdue fines.