All persons who live within the library district are eligible for a library card. The district boundaries are Offner Road (south side of the road), State Line Road (west side of the road), County Line Road (north side of the road), and Crawford Avenue (east side of the road). Persons who live outside the district may be able to purchase a library card. Call the library (708-946-9090) for more information.
The Library stops making library cards 15 minutes before closing.
Applying for a Library Card
Residents living within the district boundaries must show the following two items:
1. Driver's License or State ID
2. Two Proofs of Residence that includes your name and current street address:
- Driver's License or State ID (with address in district)
- Property Tax Bill
- Rental Lease
- Voter's Card
- FOID License
- Utility Bill (dated within 30 days)
- Bank Statement (dated within 30 days)
- Cell Phone Bill (dated within 30 days)
- Credit Card Statement (dated within 30 days)
- Preprinted Mail (dated within 30 days)
- Illinios Vehicle Registration (from current or upcoming year)
Minors (under 18)
A parent or legal guardian must present a valid driver's license or state ID and proof of residence (see above) or valid Beecher Community Library Card with less than $5.00 in fines.
Parents/legal guardians must sign for the minor's card. This signifies responsibility for the return of all materials checked out on the card, payment of any fines incurred on the card, and any damage to the materials checked out on the card.